|Company Name||GUNNISON VALLEY HOSPITAL|
|Date Posted||January 9, 2020|
Full-Time Business Office Clerk
Gunnison Valley Home Care
Department: Home Care
Reports To: Home Care Office Manager / Home Care Director
In cooperation with clinical and other clerical staff, the clerical/office staff member performs duties as assigned for the overall effectiveness and efficiency of all office functions. Answers phones and collects information, distributing this information appropriately, assuring that the office receives and distributes needed paperwork and phone calls in a confidential and pleasant manner. Assists in the billing and collection process as assigned. Will act as an advocate for home care programs and adheres’ to the hospital Mission, Vision, Values and Motto of “The Patient is First in All We Do”.
- The first person that client’s will speak with, setting the mood with which clients perceive this office. Must speak clearly and professionally.
- Responsible for processing telephone calls appropriately, leaving messages and maintaining a phone log.
- Answering and operating phone system.
- Scanning and filing of office files.
- Assisting in billing and collection as assigned.
- Is organized, meticulous and gives attention to detail being able to perform responsibilities in an efficient and timely manner.
- Participates in in-service programs including, but not limited to; covering the phones during the meetings, keeping attendance logs, assisting with copies for the meetings, helping home care manager with presentation preparation and other duties as assigned.
- Attends and records minutes of all staff meetings. Prepares copies of minutes / presentations, and distributes as requested. Responsible for having them available for reference by clinical staff.
- Copies, prepares and maintains an adequate supply of documentation forms for all home health and hospice needs.
- Prepares and maintains an adequate supply of Start of Care packets and Discharge packets.
- Assists with recording staff time from logs into the Electronic Medical Record.
- Assists with maintaining an organized/clean supply room.
- Act as the special events coordinator in assisting with special promotional events that home care programs may initiate, such as support groups, the health fair, conferences, fund raisers, relay for life and other community events.
- Demonstrates patience and tact when dealing with patients, family and other staff members, conveying a sense of caring and dignity.
- Demonstrates a sense of responsibility and moral integrity, acting as self-starter who works independently and who consistently finds ways to improve their own job and hospital operations as part of the health care team.
- Assumes responsibility for knowing agency policy and expectations.
- Must comply with HIPPA and keep home care / hospital confidentiality.
- Must attend yearly OSHA training.
- Responsible for diabetic mailing of monthly diabetic newsletter and assisting in monthly support group meetings as needed.
- Assists in completion of home care correspondence for the purpose of public relations, including but not limited to Christmas and birthday cards
- Assists clerical staff as needed to assure efficient office functions as they need help to assure tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Assists as assigned by director to call and coordinate agency meetings, including staff meeting reminders.
- Demonstrates a spirit of cooperation and enthusiasm in order to create a team atmosphere conducive to self-improvement and agency growth. Performs other duties as assigned by the home care director, participating in specialty teams and agency programs.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Must be a High School Graduate.
- Experience with office work including typing, computers and office equipment.
- Medical billing experience preferred, but general office experience, with a good understanding of office functions is required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and/or medical background preferred.
- Have a valid driver’s license and transportation.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to carry, climb, hear/listen, lift, reach and manipulate objects, tools, or equipment, push/pull, see, speak, squat/kneel, stand, and walk. Position requires moving materials weighing 10 – 20 pounds, and 25 – 50 pounds on an occasional basis. Manual dexterity and coordination are required over 80% of the work period. Work involves the potential for exposure to infection. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply, fill out the form below:
Gunnison Valley Hospital has a continuing commitment to ensure that fair and equal employment opportunities are extended to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.