Every year since 1995, Gunnison Valley Hospital has awarded college scholarships to hardworking high-school students with dreams of a higher education. Gunnison Valley Hospital Scholarships give bright, deserving kids the help they need to achieve their goals.
Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic achievement, awards/honors, leadership, school activities, community/volunteer activities, and financial needs. Awards are granted without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender or national origin.
The application form must be completed and submitted to your high school counselor by April 22, 2016. You may download the application form below or your high school counselor will have copies.
To be eligible, you must:
1. Be a high school senior
2. Attend high school in one of the participating schools designated by Gunnison Valley Hospital
3. Have maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 2.7 throughout high school
4. Be eligible to attend accredited college or university
5. Intent to study and pursue a career in healthcare
6. Not have been convicted of any crime
Scholarship selection criteria includes:
- Academic achievement and potential
- Community/volunteer activities
- School Activities
- Financial need
If you have questions talk to your high school counselor or call Gunnison Valley Hospital at 435-528-2114.
Download the application here.
High school counselors, download the information packet here.